Ko-fi does offer the ability to tag your page as Not Safe For Work (NSFW). The NSFW tag does not permit Ko-fi members to use their page or create content which does not comply with the Ko-fi Content Guidelines.
When To Use The NSFW Tag
Creators are asked to tag their page as NSFW if their page contains any content which could be deemed by some audiences as offensive or of a mature nature. Examples include but are not limited to images (including illustrative), external links, videos, or text found in the biography, comments, supporter message, or posts. We recommend a conservative approach to using this tag, as pages which are found to be NSFW but do not display the tag will be limited or unpublished by the administrators of Ko-fi.
Examples of When To Use The NSFW Tag
If your page contains any of the following please use the NSFW tag in your profile to warn visitors that the page may contain more mature content.
The page must be marked as NSFW if the profile image, cover image, post images or gallery images contain any of the following:
- Revealing or suggestive clothing or poses (nudity is not allowed on Ko-fi)
- Wounds or results of violence or injury (excessive gore is not allowed on Ko-fi)
- Illustrations or comics with mildly violent or sexually suggestive themes (illustrations and comics containing nudity or excessive gore are not allowed on Ko-fi)
The page must be marked as NSFW if the bio text, posts, comments or messages contain any of the following:
- Use of profanity (hate speech or discrimination is not allowed on Ko-fi)
- Graphic personal stories of abuse, mistreatment, or neglect (glorifying abuse or discrimination of any kind is not allowed on Ko-fi)
Video and Other Content
The page must be marked as NSFW if videos, links or any other content contains any of the following:
- Links to or from sites which have an age restriction (adult sites must not be linked to or from Ko-fi)
- Videos which depict sensitive subjects such as animal cruelty (glorification of abuse of any kind is not allowed on Ko-fi)
How To Tag Your Page as NSFW
Login to your Ko-fi account and click Settings, then add "NSFW" as one of your 3 available tags.
What Happens When I Apply The NSFW Tag?
When a creator tags their page as NSFW, visitors to the page will be warned before the page loads that the content on that page may not be safe for work and reminds them they must be over the age of 18 to visit the page.
When in doubt, use the NSFW tag. It is better to be safe than risk being unpublished on Ko-fi.