If you use Instagram there are so many ways you can use Ko-fi to help make an income from your work. Here are some ideas and how-to's to get you started.
Link in Bio!
Add your page link to your Instagram bio or to your directory site (like Linktr.ee or Carrd.co).
Share Your Ko-fi on Your Instagram Feed
Sharing your Ko-fi content on your Instagram feed is one of the easiest ways to promote your page!
- Let your fans know you have a Ko-fi and what their support means to you.
- Share your Commissions menu, Ko-fi Shop items and Membership Tiers.
- Share your Ko-fi rewards and exclusive posts like behind-the-scenes content.
- Let your fans know they can get early access to your content.
Share Your Ko-fi on Your Instagram Stories
Use Instagram Stories to engage your followers with updates and get them involved in your Ko-fi journey!
- Ask your fans questions and polls to help you decide what content to share next on Ko-fi.
- Add Ko-fi Giphy stickers to your Instagram stories.
- Share examples from your commissions menu.
- Add Ko-fi supporters to your close friends list and reward them with exclusive stories.
- Tell fans about your crowdfunding goal and what their support will contribute towards.
- Share your latest posts, gallery uploads, Ko-fi Shop items, and Membership Tiers!
- Shout out supporters who have donated.
- Add your Page URL as a 'swipe-up' link in your Stories (if you have over 10k followers).
💡 Tip: Create a Ko-fi Instagram Stories highlight to keep all of your Ko-fi content in one place and keep them for longer than 24 hours.
Selling Products & Services on Instagram With Ko-fi
- Use Ko-fi as your one-stop shop for selling products and services with Ko-fi Shop and Ko-fi Commissions. Promote your merch, prints, one-to-one services, custom pieces, and much more all through Instagram.
- Take it one step further and get clickable links directly from your Instagram posts and stories to your Ko-fi Shop with Instagram Shopping! Find out how to set up Instagram Shopping here.
Note: Instagram Shopping is available to creators with an Instagram business account and only allows the sale of physical products.
Sharing Ko-fi in an Instagram Live
Chat to your fans about your Ko-fi Page on Instagram Live!
- Ask fans what exclusive content you should add to your Ko-fi.
- Use Instagram Live to introduce your Membership Tiers, Commissions & services or Ko-fi Shop products.
- Talk about your crowdfunding goal and what you're doing with their support.
💡 Tip: Share a replay of your live video by tapping ‘Share to IGTV’ at the bottom of the screen once your live video has ended.
How to Share Your Instagram Videos on Ko-fi
You can share your Instagram or IGTV videos as Ko-fi video posts. It's a super quick way to keep fans on your page and encourage donations.
- Upload your video to Instagram and choose 'short video' for clips under 60 seconds or select ‘long video’ to share an IGTV that’s at least 60 seconds.
- Click the 3 little dots (...) on the top right corner and select ‘Copy link’.
- Login to Ko-fi, go to your page and add a Video Post.
- Paste your Instagram video link into the Url field.
- Add a title and description for the post.
- Click Preview Post.
- Share the link to your post wherever you're active. We'll also send your followers a message to let them know you've added a new post.
Follow and Tag Kofi_button
Follow @kofi_button and tag us when you share. We love to see the amazing work of the Ko-fi community on Instagram.