If you have a following on Facebook you can use Ko-fi to help make an income from your followers. Here's some ideas to get you started!
The first thing to do is update your Facebook to show your followers you're on Ko-fi.
Add Your Page to Your Facebook About Section
Make sure your Ko-fi page is discoverable from your Facebook as a direct link in your about section, or as your main website link.
📌 Pin a Post
Introduce your Page with a pinned post to let your followers know how you plan to use Ko-fi, your current goal and any rewards you're offering.
Update Your Social Preview Image
You can update the preview image and text that shows when you share your Ko-fi page on Facebook. Update it to reflect your own style, donation drives or promote new rewards!
Promoting Your Ko-fi Page on Facebook
Keep your followers interested with these creative ways to promote your Ko-fi page! 👇
- Use Ko-fi as your call to action in a Facebook Live
- Share your new goals, progress milestones and your completed goals
- Update your facebook cover image to include your Ko-fi page
- Share thank you messages and shout out top supporters
- Share a sneak peak of monthly supporter content
- Post reward reminders
More Ways to Use Ko-fi to Make an Income on Facebook
Use Ko-fi Posts as longer blog content to share with your Facebook followers. Upload your WIP’s to your Ko-fi gallery, share your latest products to Facebook from Ko-fi Shop or let followers commission something from you.
Use Ko-fi Posts to share longer form content with your followers, embed video, audio and links. Use posts to tell your Facebook followers about your creative plans and how you'll use the money you raise on Ko-fi.
- Use Ko-fi as your blog
- Post tutorials or how to’s
- Upload your latest podcast episode
- Share your short stories or chapters
Look out for these social icons at the beginning and end of your published posts to share on Facebook!
Share Your Gallery & Individual Images
Keep your Facebook followers updated with your latest work. You can share a link directly to your full gallery or share links to individual images you upload.
- Use your gallery as your portfolio
- Share WIP images and behind the scenes
To share a Gallery image to Facebook, open your image and click the arrow to open the pop up, then click the Facebook icon.
Share Your Commission Menu & Status
With Ko-fi Commissions you can display your commission status, create a menu of commission options and show available commission slots. Don’t forget to keep your Facebook followers up to date!
- Sell commissions and services to your followers
- Let them know when you have 1 or 2 slots left
Share Your Ko-fi Shop Products
Promote your digital and physical Ko-fi Shop products on Facebook and promote:
- Limited editions
- Short term discounts
- Product feedback and reviews you've received
Follow @Kofibutton for Updates!
Follow @kofibutton and tag us when you share. We love to see the amazing work of the Ko-fi community on Facebook.