How to Use Ko-fi With Facebook
If you have a following on Facebook you can use Ko-fi to help make an income from your followers. Here's some ideas to get you started!
The first thing to do is update your Facebook to show your followers you're on Ko-fi.
Add Your Page to Your Facebook About Section
Make sure your Ko-fi page is discoverable from your Facebook as a direct link in your about section, or as your main website link.
📌 Pin a Post
Introduce your Page with a pinned post to let your followers know how you plan to use Ko-fi, your current goal and any rewards you're offering.
aliciayellowlodge Super Cute Awesome Stuff
Update Your Social Preview Image
You can update the preview image and text that shows when you share your Ko-fi page on Facebook. Update it to reflect your own style, donation drives or promote new rewards!
Promoting Your Ko-fi Page on Facebook
Keep your followers interested with these creative ways to promote your Ko-fi page! 👇
📣 Share your goal progress and encourage more fans to support you. Tap the share icon next to your goal to update your fans and thank your supporters on Facebook!
🏆 Celebrate your top supporters with the Ko‑fi Leaderboard! Go to the 'See Leaderboard' link in the 'Top Supporters' section on your Ko‑fi page to view your public Leaderboard. You can then share on Facebook to recognize and thank the people who supported your work the most!
Here’s a few more ideas 👇
- Use Ko-fi as your call to action in a Facebook Live
- Share your new goals, progress milestones and your completed goals
- Update your facebook cover image to include your Ko-fi page
- Share thank you messages and shout out top supporters
- Share a sneak peak of monthly supporter content
- Post reward reminders
Chris Kelly Kenziepuff Bach Illustrations Meeple Perk Mochi Buddies
More Ways to Use Ko-fi to Make an Income on Facebook
Use Ko-fi Posts as longer blog content to share with your Facebook followers. Upload your WIP’s to your Ko-fi gallery, share your latest products to Facebook from Ko-fi Shop or let followers commission something from you.
Share Your Ko-fi Shop Products
Promote your digital and physical Ko-fi Shop products on Facebook and promote:
- Limited editions
- Short term discounts
- Product feedback and reviews you've received
You can also link to your Ko-fi Shop directly from your Facebook page to make sure your FB community know where to buy your products. Babs Butcher sells her set photos directly from her Facebook page!
To add the button, just click ‘+ Add a Button’ below your page’s cover photo, select ‘Shop Now’ and paste in your Ko-fi Shop link.
Share Your Commission Menu & Status
With Ko-fi Commissions you can display your commission status, create a menu of commission options and show available commission slots. Don’t forget to keep your Facebook followers up to date!
- Sell commissions and services to your followers
- Let them know when you have 1 or 2 slots left
Receive Ko-fi Donations While You Stream on Facebook
With Ko-fi Stream Alerts you can get donations while streaming live on Facebook! It only takes a few clicks to set up your custom alerts and start making money while you stream.
Head to your Stream Alerts settings to customize your alerts then you can link your Ko-fi to your chosen OBS software to get started. Want to learn more about streaming on Facebook? Check out this article here.
Use Ko-fi Posts to share longer form content with your followers, embed video, audio and links. Use posts to tell your Facebook followers about your creative plans and how you'll use the money you raise on Ko-fi.
- Use Ko-fi as your blog
- Post tutorials or how to’s
- Upload your latest podcast episode
- Share your short stories or chapters
Look out for these social icons at the beginning and end of your published posts to share on Facebook!
Share Your Gallery & Individual Images
Keep your Facebook followers updated with your latest work. You can share a link directly to your full gallery or share links to individual images you upload.
- Use your gallery as your portfolio
- Share WIP images and behind the scenes
To share a Gallery image to Facebook, open your image and click the arrow to open the pop up, then click the Facebook icon.
How to Share Your Facebook Videos on Ko-fi
You can share your Facebook videos as Ko-fi video posts. It's a super quick way to keep fans on your page and encourage donations.
- Upload your video on Facebook
- Once the video has been published, copy the Facebook video URL from your browser (only links copied from a web browser will embed, fb.watch links will not embed on Ko-fi)
- Login to Ko-fi, go to your page, and add a Video Post.
- Paste your Facebook video link into the URL field.
- Add a title and description for the post.
- Click Preview Post (you can also schedule your post or save as a draft).
- Share the link to your post wherever you're active. We'll also send your followers a message to let them know you've added a new post.
Follow @Kofibutton for Updates!
Follow @kofibutton and tag us when you share. We love to see the amazing work of the Ko-fi community on Facebook.